As of 2022, the size of the pet industry in China was estimated to be worth around $39 billion USD. The market is growing rapidly as pet ownership increases and more products and services become available for pets.
Some of the trends in the Chinese pet market
- Growing pet ownership: Pet ownership in China is on the rise as people become more affluent and place a higher value on the companionship of pets.
- Premiumization: Consumers are willing to pay more for premium products and services for their pets, such as high-end pet food, grooming services, and pet hotels.
- Online sales: Online sales of pet products have been growing rapidly in China, driven by the convenience and wider selection of products available online.
- Focus on health and wellness: Consumers are becoming more aware of the health and wellness of their pets and are seeking products and services to support these needs.
- Environmental awareness: There is a growing awareness of the environmental impact of pet products and a desire for eco-friendly and sustainable options.
These trends are expected to continue driving growth in the Chinese pet market in the coming years.